Oct 1, 2010

Cream of the Planet




Let the record show that Da Sharon Getty's fondness for Mos Def is river deep, mountain high. It's no secret.  He's not listed as Jayne's Addiction on the right  panel for no good reason.  I could sit here and lick off countless verses and songs which showcase his limitless talent- but I'd rather just let you hear for yourself.  The following video by Ski Beatz featuring Mos is for the single, Cream of the Planet off the new album 24 Hour Karate School by the former. Seriously. How can you not love that album title?  It's been rumoured that all of Mos Def's work on the Creative Control project had been pulled before the September 7th release, but I don't know how true that is. I hope not.  That would be an injustice. Anyway- a friend of mine floated this one my way and incidentally, it played flawlessly on my phone without pausing once.  (You know how it goes: Buffering...buffering...buffer...oh screw this! Effin' Crackberry!) I love everything about this joint. The jazzy horns.  The hypnotic beat.  But the lyrics, man.  The lyrics... "Listen, life is fantastic.  Beautiful and tragic. Plain. Classic." I couldn't have said it better myself, Mos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air It Out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin