Sep 6, 2010

Throwback Thursdays

Hello Boys and Girls. It's been a minute since my last Throwback and I got to thinking about some ch-ch-changes. Some things need to have new life breathed into them. That's where sampling comes in, I guess. I don't know how many of you remember Imeem (it really wasn't that long ago) but when they were usurped bought out by Myspace, I lost a ton of playlists. Talk about pissed? Man listen....I was heated, Son! But I digress. One of the playlists I had so painstakingly compiled consisted of some of my favorite Hip Hop joints followed immediately by the original song that it sampled. Thanks to the good people over at the-breaks.com whenever that certain hook or beat rings familiar but you just can't put your finger on it- they come to the rescue. It's a great source of information if you ever care to check it out. Anyway, I decided that for today's Throwback, I'll do a double feature. The fly video followed directly by the classic material which it was based on or around. I'm sorta liking the whole idea of reaching back and paying homage to the inspiration so this may go on for the next few throwbacks. Why not. Let's start with Black Moon's ridiculously smooth single, Buck 'Em Down. No matter how much time goes by, this one still takes me somwhere. Hopefully it does that for you, too. And when you're done, check out Donald Byrd's meticulously crafted Wind Parade from which Buckshot and Evil Dee sampled. Straight. Fire.

Out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Air It Out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin